Are you an experienced Line Cook looking for your next career?
Salary: £10.92 per hour
Shift Pattern: 40 Hours per week – will be various shifts across 7 days / Monday to Sunday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Genuine opportunities for career progression and professional development. You will be able to access a wide range of benefits including intensive training programmes and academic courses up to degree level. These are fantastic opportunities for candidates who truly want to develop a career in hospitality.
Candidates can move to other areas of the business in order to broaden their skills and progress their careers.
Experience: You must have a minimum of 18 months working in a busy kitchen.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Under the direction of Kitchen Managers, prepare and produce high quality dishes as applicable to the unit i.e. Italian, Oriental, Indian or other speciality dishes, in line with company standards to meet business demands whilst ensuring high guest satisfaction.
- As directed by the Kitchen Managers follow the guidelines on stock control, portion control and food wastage taking action as necessary to maintain food Cost of Sales for the unit.
- Support the Kitchen Managers on implementation and production of menus, procedures and standards as required.
- Assist the Kitchen Mangers with general supervision and coaching of Kitchen Assistants in the section/ unit as relevant to ensure food served meets the company standard and such staff are developed.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with junior staff to ensure good team work, and report incidents to more senior staff as relevant.
- Attend all company legal training within the agreed timelines and ensure any junior chefs under your control attend such training sessions.
- Attend any formal and informal training sessions as required for personal development and/ or development of new menus/ dishes. 8. To comply with the guidelines and practices in respect on food safety as detailed in the Food Safety Manual.
- Ensure that all equipment defects are reported promptly to proactively maintain the equipment.
- Fulfil the responsibilities designated for the appropriate position in the “Responsibilities for Health and Safety” section of the company’s Health and Safety Policy and to execute all duties in a manner that conforms to appropriate Health and Safety Policies and procedures.
- Assess the impact on our environment of any tasks undertaken both on the use of products, equipment or purchases. Forward any ideas for improvement of processes/products or any actual achievements to your manager or departmental EMS (Environmental Management System) Co-ordinator for informal incorporation into Company operating procedures, thus keeping alive the Company aim to PROTECT, MAINTAIN AND IMPROVE THE ENVIRONMENT.
The job is based in Penrith, however using our bespoke Recruit – Relocate – Retain recruitment model, Workforce will help you move to the area if you don’t live locally.
We offer a full relocation service to the best talent and stand by our motto of “With you all the way”.